[NBLUG/talk] Weirdness: BIOS POST lockups

Steve Johnson fratm at adnd.com
Tue May 22 10:16:46 PDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Eric T. Landerville <eric at landerville.com> wrote:
> I don't mean to suggest a simple answer that you have probably already
> covered in your trials and tribulations, but have you unplugged all of
> your usb devices.  I have a problem with a machine at work that if a
> flash drive is plugged in it has the same symptoms that your machine is
> having.  As soon as I snatch (usually full of anger) the flash drive out
> it continues the boot process.  No reboot needed.
> Eric

I've experience this same thing, but it only happened when my USB
flash drive was plugged into my USB hub that is build into my Dell
monitor.. If I plug the USB Drive directly into a USB port on the
mother board, I don't have the problem.. So it could be a USB hub
issue.

-Steve

--
Blog - http://www.fratm.com/index.php/User:Fratm
"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment." - Lao-Tzu