[NBLUG/talk] MySQL Migration..

Steve Johnson fratm at adnd.com
Thu May 31 12:33:35 PDT 2007

I have a project where I have to migrate from a MySQL 3.x server to a
MySQL 5.x server.  This is a 'Customer' database server, so I wont
have passwords, except for the encrypted version in the mysql
databases user table.

My Questions are.. 1) Is there a tool that will do this for me? and 2)
If I have to end up doing this by hand, what are some gotcha's I need
to look out for?

There are about 50 accounts, so if I can possible do this with a tool,
that would be awesome! (Each account has 3 logins, a read, a
readwrite, and an admin.)

Any help would be mucho appreicated..

Thanks.

-Steve

--
Blog - http://www.fratm.com/index.php/User:Fratm
"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment." - Lao-Tzu