[NBLUG/talk] How to set FROM field in script-generated email?

Dave Sisley dsisley at sonic.net
Tue Nov 6 10:28:58 PST 2007

Sadly, I have to punt!  I googled quite a bit this morning and
configuring Sendmail to do what I want has proved more difficult than I
can deal with right now.

Looking at my options, the most efficient move time-wise is to rewrite
my script so that I can send it from another machine (with a real,
functional mail server).  The bummer is that this problem arose from a
single email recipient, but it hightlighted a bigger issue:  ISPs are
(rightfully) tightening up what they will accept as incoming email.

Thanks for all the helpful tips - I at least understand the problem
better, if not the solution.

-dave.

--
Dave Sisley