[NBLUG/talk] ooffice spreadsheet copy/paste

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Tue Apr 1 16:57:37 PDT 2008

Hi-

I'm hoping someone here has the skillz to enlighten me on an issue I'm
having with an open office spreadsheet.

I'm trying to have a pretty standard thing:
Task    Hours    Rate    Total
foo         5     100     500

Where Total is calculated from Hours * Rate and Rate is referencing another
worksheet that looks like:

Num    Task      Rate
1      Coding     100
2      Eating      50

I can reference the Rates worksheet fine using "$Rates.C2" etc.  However I
want to copy a series of rows and paste it down below to work on my next
section.  The issue is, that if I paste say, 10 rows, then instead of
$Rates.C6 getting used as the cell value, I get Rates.C12.  This fails, of
course, because C12 doesn't exist in the Rates worksheet.

Can I do something do make those cells get copied without adjustment ?

I would be forever grateful (at least until I forget) for advice :)

-troy