[NBLUG/talk] Very slow internal website on my home computer

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 17:21:27 PDT 2008

I have a website set up on my home computer.  Until recently, I used a
Linksys router connected to a Comcast cable modem and had fairly fast access
to my home website.  Something went wrong with the router and I pulled it
out of my intranet and used an old Netgear MR814v2 wireless router instead.
I forwarded port 80 to my home computer's internal address and tried
bringing up the website using the wireless router's external address and the
results are dead slow.  Really, really slow.  Using my computer's internal
address it's super fast and using the external address with the Linksys
router was quite fast too (though I haven't tried it in a month or so).

Access to the Internet through either my twisted pair or my daughter's
wireless connection is fast.

So, have I forgotten something to configure in the router?  Is it just a
crummy router (quite old) and I should get better?  Is it likely Comcast is
messing with me?

If anyone wants to try accessing the site from outside, the IP is
68.42.182.214

--
Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.