[NBLUG/talk] file backup and encryption question

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:51:56 PDT 2008

A little more information I should have provided... if there's a
ready-made OSS solution, I'd like to hear what you suggest. After some
research I've found that Backup PC and Amanda might be options for me.

My systems are scattered and not in one physical locale. I need to be
able to backup either incremental or full backups as desired, and it
would be nice to have a web GUI to work with on the client side.

Any suggestions?

I had something put together using standard scp and rsync plus cwRsync
for my Windows systems, but I wanted to offer it to a few people as
well to make some money off of my unused storage space. Unfortunately
I couldn't see how to tie encryption into it on the client side before
the data is uploaded.

Thank you!