[NBLUG/talk] disabling mail on account "mail"

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Wed Apr 23 11:42:27 PDT 2008

Are you using sendmail?

I'm wondering if you can add a line to /etc/mail/access to deny mail for a user?

One thing I have done, just to be quick and dirty about it, was to
make a symbolic link from /var/spool/mail/username to /dev/null

-Steve

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:29 AM,  <gandalf at sonic.net> wrote:
> This is indeed a tough thing to google. I'm getting a bunch of spam at mail at thidomain/thatdomain/theotherdomain on my mailserver. I don't see that the user mail should have a functional mailbox anyway. I've tried a couple things with no success so far.
>
>  Also any suggestions on postmaster? I think it's required, but it gets spam and backsplatter from spam all the time.

"Knowing others is wisdom; Knowing the self is enlightenment;
Mastering others requires force; Mastering the self needs strength." -
Lao-Tzu