[NBLUG/talk] Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]

Susan Baur susan at cdl.edu
Wed Apr 30 21:23:02 PDT 2008

On Apr 30, 2008, at 4:47 PM, gandalf at sonic.net wrote:

> CentOS 5
>
> Anybody know why sendmail would be passing mail just fine for
> everybody else, but refusing to pass mail generated locally?

First, I'd make sure that the refused messages really did originate
locally and wasn't some spammer pretending to be 127.0.0.1. Then I'd
double check my /etc/mail/senmail.cf (especially the Daemon_Options
setting) and /etc/mail/access files. I might even explicitly add
Connect:127.0.0.1	OK to the access file.

If you send email from the command line with mail, does it go
through? Is it only a problem when a specific process sends the message?

--
Susan Baur
System Administrator