[NBLUG/talk] looking for a ride to LinuxWorld next week

Varuna Cox varuna.asura at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 14:04:47 PDT 2008

Hello, Hello,

Well, it sure has been awhile since I posted to this list.  This is
that wild systems admin whom previously maintained the NBLUG web
presence.  I have been out of this field for some time, jumping back
in the scene.  A quick "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade; apt-get
dist-upgrade" and a kernel recompile, and these old computers that had
been off for years work just like I remember.

I just signed up for LinuxWorld, for Moblin.org Community Day on the
4th, an Exhibit Pass that ought be good any of the days and Ubucon on
the 7th.  I don't even know what Ubucon is, but it was free, so I
registered for that as well.  I used a priority code of PAX, which is
Latin for Peace, at least in the subject, and that seemed to do
something.  Now, trying to figure out how to actually get there.

I live next to the Luther Burbank Home and Gardens, corner of Charles
St and Santa Rosa Ave.  I can get from Santa Rosa to Petaluma via the
magic bus #44/48 using me trusty bus pass.  Anyone interested in
facilitating this epic journey, please contact me via direct email or
via cell phone at 603.703.8357.

Thank you and have a great day!

Peace, Love and Light....

Varuna