[NBLUG/talk] [WLUG] Mplayer and Fedora 8

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 17:33:10 PST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 8:00 PM, Dave Sisley <dsisley at sonic.net> wrote:

> One thing that I think can go to Ubuntu's favor is the ease of setting
> up Multimedia with non-free packages.  Fedora 8 has decided to make that
> a bigger pain in the ass than it was in FC6.  If you want to get the
> packages easily, you can pay 30 bucks or so (huh?).   If you have mad
> hax0r ski11z like me, you can find them somehow and cram them in there,
> but I was losing faith, there.  That's why I wasn't going to chime in on
> the DVD discussion.  I haven't even gone there yet.

Since you're using 8, another quirk I ran into is that Firefox will tie up
my audio.  I haven't really nailed it down yet but sometimes, to use Ekiga,
I have to close Firefox.  "Probably" if I have used Youtube or something.
--
Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.