[NBLUG/talk] EEEPc

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Wed Jul 2 08:53:56 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 9:01 AM,  <derf at sonic.net> wrote:

> My advice is to see how the Xandros works for you in advanced mode - you
> might like it well enough and then can determine how you really want to
> tweak the machine.

Hey Derf,

Is Xandros an RPM or apt, based distro?  Have you had to compile apps
for your EEE yet?  Does the EEE come with a compiler?

I'm actually now thinking I will stick with Xandros, but if compiling
applications for it is a pain in the butt, then I may switch to
something like Ubuntu..

I just got notified from newegg that my EEE shipped from NJ yesterday,
so I should have it Monday.. :)  I'm looking forward to that.. I hate
waiting ha!

-Steve

--
"Knowing others is wisdom; Knowing the self is enlightenment;
Mastering others requires force; Mastering the self needs strength." -