[NBLUG/talk] dvd player?

mendozae at sonoma.edu mendozae at sonoma.edu
Sat Sep 13 23:15:28 PDT 2008

I did. And I noticed that there are a lot of other related libraries in
the Synaptic Package Manager, if that's the right place to search and
install these files.

I went ahead and uninstalled all of the programs and then installed
totem-xine but with no luck. There must be a thing or two that I'm either
doing wrong or not doing at all.

thanks again,

Edward

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 9:03 PM,  <mendozae at sonoma.edu> wrote:

> I've tried xine, gxine, kaffeine, codeine, vlc, reinstalling totem, and
> one or two others without success. one of these progs even worked one
> night but not the following day. why? do i have too many apps installed?
> should i try uninstalling all of them? and do a fresh install of only one?
> are there any media players for a linux environ for sale?

Did you install libdvdcss, or anything like that?  Since none of these
programs are strictly for playing DVD's, I'm pretty sure they don't
force you to have the libraries needed to play DVD's when you install
them (they might be "recommended" or "suggested", if they're available
in the apt repository).  It's been a while, though, so I can't tell
you exactly what to look for.

Too many apps should not be the issue here.

--
Lincoln Peters
<anfrind at gmail.com>