[NBLUG/talk] Speeding up KDE, I'll try anything

Ross Thomas boscorama at fastmail.us
Wed Aug 5 13:27:49 PDT 2009

Hi Bill,

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 12:50 -0700, "Bill Kendrick" <nbs at sonic.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 12:07:42PM -0700, Ross Thomas wrote:
> > If you're not set on running KDE4 you may want to consider the Jaunty KDE3 Remix:
> >      <https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Kde3/Jaunty>
>
> FWIW, this is what I set my wife up with.  (She took one look at GNOME 2
> and KDE 4 and turned and ran. ;) )

Out of personal interest, how does she like it?  The initial remix was a little less than
'polished'.  How well does the 'Final' version stand up to everyday use?

I've pointedly stayed at Hardy w/ KDE 3.5.10 as it is my workstation and the move
to KDE4 was not handled well by Kubuntu (or the KDE folks, for that matter :-( ).

Ross.