[NBLUG/talk] Debian 5.0 installation problems

Scrappy Laptop scrappylaptop at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 15:33:28 PST 2009

I've had that happen on non-x86 platforms when using the BSD interactive bootloader, like StrongARM & older Macs. Check your bootloader config file (& maybe fstab?) booting the CD's rescue mode or USB drive if you can.  It's possible the drive was assigned a different node on reboot.  If so, the kernel is loading and can't find it's filesystem.