[NBLUG/talk] Videos of NBLUG meetings?

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Tue Jan 20 10:30:03 PST 2009

Hey Aaron,

All of the requirements seem completely sane to me. I'd be glad to help
out in doing this - I can get a YouTube channel started, and give the
proper "authorities" the credentials so they can make changes as they
see fit. I'm fairly versed in "youtubing" so uploading isn't an issue
for me. March will give me enough time to get my new system built, too,
so I can actually upload. ;)

Now I'm no A/V expert by any means, but my camera has a fairly good
internal (stereo) mic. This is just a passing idea, but if anyone here
is good at the actual editing of videos, maybe it'd be a good idea to
get a couple of cameras going and be able to put together a REALLY nice,
multi-shot video. There is also the benefit of screen recorders that can
capture any computer demonstrations that can be edited in. Again, just
throwing ideas out there. We can always keep it simple at first and see
how things go. I've also got a pretty nice Olympus voice recorder
(stereo as well) that could handle the audio on its own. If we convert
the file to flash BEFORE uploading to YouTube, I've heard it will
actually keep the stereo audio in tact (instead of converting to mono
with other formats).

- Jordan (Lns on irc.freenode.net/#nblug)