[NBLUG/talk] A virus?

mendozae at sonoma.edu mendozae at sonoma.edu
Sun Jul 5 20:54:40 PDT 2009

The keyboard on my Ubuntu laptop (purchased from Zareason in the East Bay)
types other characters other than the conventional alphabetic ones
featured on the face of the keys. There is, however, an alternative
character, smaller in size, also featured on the face of the keyboard keys
that DO come up when I type. But I do not use the function key to access
them; they come up as the default character when I type. This only happens
to the keys on the right hand side of the keyboard.

Is this a virus? Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Edward