[NBLUG/talk] Ubuntu upgrade question

Mike Rice dolo724 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 11:15:18 PDT 2009

Emanuel,
You might try upgrading directly from the installation CD without actually reinstalling, as in (taken from Hardy Upgrade on Ubuntu.com)
(and I actually did this)
*********
Upgrading Using the Alternate CD/DVD
Use this method if the system being upgraded is not connected to the Internet.
   1. Download and burn the alternate installation CD.
   2. Insert it into your CD-ROM drive.
   3. A dialog will be displayed offering you the opportunity to upgrade using that CD.
   4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If the upgrade dialog is not displayed for any reason, you may also run the following command using Alt+F2:

gksu "sh /cdrom/cdromupgrade"

Or in Kubuntu run the following command using Alt+F2:

kdesu "sh /cdrom/cdromupgrade"
*********
Mike

cdesign proponentsists: eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation.