[NBLUG/talk] Commodore nostalgia

gandalf at sonic.net gandalf at sonic.net
Mon May 11 12:30:24 PDT 2009

Hehe. I was on the Apple ][ (Sonoma County Apple Pickers) side of things although I never actually got one until the 90s. I did have a little Radio Shack Coco mini computer hooked up to the tv and a tape player. If they didn't burn up in the fire I have a ton of ][s, ][es, a few ][gss, one or to ][cs and a ton of small Macs. I'll probably have to get rid of most of them. I think there is a museum somewhere in Marin. Ohh, I saw a PET at the computer recycle center a few weeks back. Hmmm. I might still have a Toshiba CP/M machine with a fricking huge double 5.25 disk drive.

I was thinking it would be fun to go onto irc with an Apple ][e. Somebody had a Mac SE/30 hooked up as a web server a couple years ago.

The odd thing is I now like PCs for the same reasons I used to like Apples although now I'm mostly using notebooks at home.

(imagine a cute or dirty tagline here)

 On Mon 11/05/09 11:43 AM , Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net sent: