[NBLUG/talk] Projectors

Bob Blick bobblick at ftml.net
Sun Nov 15 17:05:21 PST 2009

> My wife and I have decided that we want a projector, but we don't know
> much about them, except that they tend to be expensive and fussy.  We
> have 2 laptops one with a max resolution of 1024 x 768 and another with
> a max resoultion of 1200 x 1600.  Does anyone in the group have any
> suggestions for a good combination of price and value?  We would like it
> if it could work with Linux, Mac and Windoze.

Hi Kevin,

I've been happy with my Dell 1800MP. Native resolution is 1024x768 and
it interpolates to 1600x1200. I've had it since new and have only about
100 hours on it but I've toted it everywhere(including NBLUG meetings)
and it's always been good. Lots of different input configurations.

You can get low mileage used ones at Dell Financial Services for pretty
cheap. I've had great luck with the computers I've bought from them.
They are lease returns:

http://www.dfsdirectsales.com/

Cheers,

Bob