[NBLUG/talk] Monitoring Internet access

Scrappy Laptop scrappylaptop at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 12:00:07 PDT 2009

Quick and dirty solution, a variation of which I use in sql/sftp scripts:

Write a short script in your language or shell of choice to append a timestamp to a log/textfile, wget a file of known size somewhere and then throw another timestamp to the log.  Chron it to run hourly.  Should show variations over time.