[NBLUG/talk] #se7en -- http://windows7sins.org/

Steve Johnson fratm at adnd.com
Thu Sep 3 00:44:22 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 11:41 PM, steve smith <sjs at sonic.net> wrote:

> 'Fraid I'm one of those.  I got pissed off about a year ago when ubuntu
> updated python and a bunch of applications quit working.  Of course none
> of those applications had been updated to use the new version of python.
>  I had a dual boot system and the same apps on windows kept on working
> because they were packaged with their own copies of the libraries
> instead of depending on the system copy of the updated library.  I just
> started using XP and haven't looked back.
>
> I was on Linux since the first time red-hat ran on my old, long since
> retired dell latitude. RH 3.2??
>
> Mostly I do use open source applications though -- firefox, thunderbird,
> gimp, inkscape, audicity, cygwin, atunes, open office, etc...
>
> And I don't have to roll my own dvd player and the one on this system
> handles the japanese menuing and subtitles with no problems.
>
> Steve S.

Me too actually.. Although I still use Linux daily, I prefer to use it in my
work environment, but for home use I have switched to Mac..  I have a Win 7
box I used for games, but that's about it.    I would say 90% of all my home
computing is on the Macbook now..

Work is another story,  I admin several linux servers, and my workstation is
a linux box.. I have a win xp box that I use just for email and the
occasional quick dream weaver edits..  Other than that 9 hours of my day is
99% linux :)

-Steve