[NBLUG/talk] Sound problem with Skype on Ubuntu 9.04

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 21:00:33 PDT 2009

I the last time I upgraded Ubuntu, I forceably removed PulseAudio
entirely and re-installed alsa to make it work. It was not something
that I would want to walk someone through over the phone.

I would hit up the Skype website and see if there's a new version.
Failing that, search the Skype and Ubuntu forums. When I looked
earlier this year, some people had gotten it to work (though their
instructions didn't work for me). With any luck, someone will have
found a good workaround by now.

--
William Tracy
Work: wtracy at cisco.com