[NBLUG/talk] Ubuntu 10.04

Emanuel R e.rasolof at flowingsun.org
Fri Apr 9 13:02:40 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I just had to share that I successfully installed Ubuntu 10.04 on my
Thinkpad T60p.
Even though the official release isn't out yet, I was very pleased to
find out that everything works right out of the box so far:
Sound, microphone (including recording), touchpad, sleep/wake,
suspend/wake, suspend on close lid (wow!), wifi (Network Manager, with
WPA2, believe it or not), external monitor...A dream come true.

The default theme is just beautiful. Also, gotta have Gnome-Do (thank
you Kyle for introducing that a while back) with the dock station
activated. Just upgraded from 8.10: what a difference.

I should probably mention that I do have 2GB of RAM installed with 2.4GB
of swap space (for suspend).
The only thing I haven't really bothered trying yet is the finger print
reader.

Oh, I do have a problem with the CD-RW / DVD drive. Can't read home made
CD's. No sure why yet, but same thing was happening with 8.10. It keeps
telling me that I have a blank CD in the drive. Maybe a hardware issue?

Cheers,

Emanuel