[NBLUG/talk] nautilus/samba freeze

Bob Blick bobblick at ftml.net
Thu Jul 15 16:42:54 PDT 2010

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:00:35 -0700, "s smith" said:
> On 7/15/2010 12:48 PM, Bob Blick wrote:
> > The one sending the files was running samba server on
> > Ubuntu 8.04 and the other was Ubuntu 10.04 and I was using the default
> > file manager Nautilus.
> I'm sure you've already thought of this but -- I see Samba and think
> Windows.  You're not using vfat file system in here somewhere are you?
> What is the file system on each end?

Hi Steve,

That's something I thought about but sort of dismissed, since both
machines are formatted ext3. And although the machine is a fileserver
for my wife's Windows computer, she is real good about filenames.

I need to try copying without Nautilus just to make sure it works that
way.

Cheerful regards, Bob

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html