[NBLUG/talk] Recommendations for a wireless router?

Lincoln Peters anfrind at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 09:40:56 PDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 8:19 AM, David Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net> wrote:
> I've been using a Netgear WNR3500 for quite a while, and it's been very
> solid:
>
> http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/WirelessNRoutersandGateways/WNR3500.aspx
>
> Several D-Link's I had before that were not nearly as reliable.

I think I actually bought a refurbished NetGear of that particular
variety last month from NewEgg and tried to set them up with it.  The
browser-based interface consistently crashed pretty much any time I
tried to do anything, making it impossible to set up, and NetGear tech
support was completely worthless (at least with respect to refurbished
equipment).  I ended up returning it less than a week later.

Maybe the problems I was having were due to the fact that it was refurbished?

--
Lincoln Peters
<anfrind at gmail.com>