[NBLUG/talk] Big Success at Installfest at Noisebridge Sunday May 30th

anet dunne anetdunne at gmail.com
Mon May 31 10:14:47 PDT 2010

The IinstallFest in SF was a great success!  Effusive thanks to organizer
Elizabeth Krumbach and her partner MJ, his colleague Michael, and Leif Ryge.
Their brilliance and tenacity were dazzling. I had struggled and failed for
18 mos. to get Ubuntu running on a custom desktop system I purchased
specifically to run dual boot system.  It took four hours of brilliant
engineering on Sunday to get Lucid Lynx installed, and another two hours to
pinpoint the hardware problem.  I was blown away by the intellectual power
and unrelenting determination.  Not only did these guys open up the computer
in order to install Ubuntu, they carried the equipment on a hot sunny day
through the Carnivale Parade on Mission Street!  Words cannot express how
grateful I am.

Anet

 I schlepped my custom desktop rig to SF