[NBLUG/talk] environmentally responsible recycling

James Rodarmel jim.rodarmel at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 12 18:51:59 PDT 2011

A couple of meetings ago, I brought up the fact that many  electronics recyclers are simply selling waste off shore, where it is unsafely dumped or recycling work is done without regard for workers' safety.  I also described a resource on the web to find recyclers who have taken a pledge to handle waste in a responsible manner.  I am publishing the link in this email.  From that page, you can navigate to the rest of the site and get more information on the e-Stewards program.

Short story: the closest recycler that has pledged is Green Citizen in San Francisco.

http://e-stewards.org/find-a-recycler/

- Jim Rodarmel