[NBLUG/talk] Cheap Virtual Private Servers

E Frank Ball III frankb at frankb.us
Mon Jun 20 16:20:43 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 03:43:14PM -0700, micxz wrote:
 > I miss most meetings (I have no excuse) and rarely post. But I now am
 > finding myself having to shop for a good VPS solution and migrate our
 > dedicated machine over for financial reasons.
 >
 > Would there be anyone that can give me a quick conclusion to the last
 > meeting (maybe some links to great hosts)? Drawbacks to VPS? Is there a
 > archive of the talk material I can download? (Thanks in advance')
 >
 > - --
 > Micxz

The last meeting was a bust.  When we got to O'Rielly there was another
group in our meeting room.  The kitchen, usually our backup meeting
room, was being renovated so we couldn't meet there.  We had some
improvised "lightning talks", but my presentation on VPS's was
postponed.  I will likely give the talk in July, we'll figure it out at
the board meeting tomorrow.

I've been using VPS's for about 2 and half years and I think they are
great, but the real budget one have some issues to be aware of.

Here are a couple of companies that I have used, both for over a year,
and I can recommend:

http://quickweb.co.nz/
http://quantact.com/   (hosted at sonic.net)

  Frank Ball  frankb at frankb.us