[NBLUG/talk] Need help with booting Linux system

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Wed Mar 16 10:08:26 PDT 2011

I did what probably rates as the dumbest thing possible with my
Linux server (Centos 4): deleted the boot files.  However, I
caught the error *before* doing a reboot and found many (I hope
all) of the files, but due to my limited Linux admin experience,
I have concern about rebooting without having someone with more
expertise than I have to be present at that moment.

I downloaded the latest version of Centos 4.8 and have it on
disks, so the repair program is present.  This server is quite
simple: just use it to share images, test php applications and to
ftp work to others.  For this reason, it only gets touched by me
to back up data (unfortunately, not the system) and to do yum
updates.  As a result, I do not have occasion to use Linux often
enough to keep my skill set up.

For being here to help with the reboot, I am willing to pay
someone...

Todd

Petaluma, CA

--