[NBLUG/talk] ATRIX Lapdock mod for droid phones

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Tue Dec 25 08:44:38 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 10:30:01PM -0800, Michael Tucker wrote:
> Merry Christmas Everyone!
>
> Has anybody been able to get their Droid to function on a Lapdock yet? I
> have swapped position of the hdmi and usb the full 180 degrees, however;
> the touchpad on the Lapdock and my usb hardwired mouse are both not
> working. I have seen my own phone function just fine on Kyle's dock at a
> meeting. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> Btw-Phone is droid 4, but not rooted, although I  do suspect that its
> something physical as I have seen it work before.

In my case I've found even after rotating the plugs, you really need to
make sure they are protruding from the dock as much as possible and I've
found you really need to push down the droid4 on the dock so that it has a
really good connection (in you case probably specifically with the USB
port).

--
Kyle Rankin
The North Bay Linux Users' Group