[NBLUG/talk] Free stuff: CRT's, 4RU server case, Xbox consoles

Allan Cecil ac at sonic.net
Mon Mar 12 11:58:52 PDT 2012

Slightly OT - I have the following things I'd like to donate to a good home that I can bring to the NBLUG meeting tomorrow night:

- 21" Viewsonic fine-pitch CRT monitor with component hookups
- 23" Phillips 480P flatscreen CRT TV (parse that carefully :) with component hookups
- 4RU solid rackmount server case with power supply and Pentium 4 class motherboard, no HD's
- Several original Xbox consoles (see my talk at http://nblug.org/presentations/linuxonxbox/linuxonxbox.html for why you might want one of these)
- Parts HP Laserjet 4L (complete with everything except a toner cartridge, needs a transistor)
- Various old Netgear and DLink routers that cannot be used for DD-WRT / Open-WRT

Let me know ahead of time if you want one of these so I can put them in my car.  As far as the Xbox consoles go I simply have several (7 or so) consoles that have been given to me over the years that generally work but are in an untested state.  If you really, really want a complete console with a video cable and one controller I can probably swing that too but I have limited quantities of those.

This E-Mail makes me wonder if we should do a future hackfest-type NBLUG meeting where we do a geek gear swap... :)  See you tomorrow,

A.C.
******