[NBLUG/talk] Lazy as can be

E Frank Ball III frankb at frankb.us
Fri Feb 1 17:06:56 PST 2013

On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 04:47:24PM -0800, gandalf at sonic.net wrote:
 > Just to ask, how safe are these upgrades usually? Do they generally go smooth or do they often hose the whole thing?

Debian upgrades usually go pretty smooth.  Some programs make major
changes between revisions so some config files will need updating.
I haven't had a Debian upgrade that was a disaster yet (can't say that
about RedHat or Ubuntu).

Debian is the best for servers with low RAM.  Debian and Centos are
the two big server distributions these days, but Ubuntu is also popular.

  Frank Ball  frankb at frankb.us