[NBLUG/talk] GPS solution for anti-theft

Glenn Kerbein glenn at spontaneousdancing.net
Wed Jul 31 13:16:06 PDT 2013

Zack,

GPS is a passive protocol; your coordinates are verified though a
handshake on your receiver and the satellite. I can plug a GPS receiver
into my tower now and get my home's exact GPS coordinates. However, if
you have an object that is moving or need to remotely retrieve the
coordinates (your bike), then you need to have a remote access system
(satellite ISP or cellular ISP).

Best,
Glenn

P.S.: Your signature is invalid.

On 07/27/2013 11:18 AM, Zack Gold wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Anyone know of an inexpensive solution for GPS? I wanted to install a
> small device into my bicycle to ensure that if it gets stolen I can find
> it by GPS tracking.
>

> --
> Zack Gold
> Former NBLUG Scribe