[NBLUG/talk] theft deterrent / security system

Steve S. northbaygeek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 16:13:03 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 2:55 PM, jezra <jezra at jezra.net> wrote:
> blanks? ;)
>
> On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 14:43:04 -0800
> Allan Cecil <ac at sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> All of the above (fake cameras, a chain and dog bowl, a deer trail
>> camera, etc.) and a Model A Pi with a soler panel connected to a gun
>> firing blanks to scare the heck out of anyone dumb enough to keep
>> walking onto the property?
>>
>> "So lame, everyone knows those cameras don't do anything.  Oh look, a
>> deer camera, I'll take that with me."... BOOM! "I'm outta here!"

Make that TWO guns.  One firing blanks, with a parabolic sound-mic to
make it REALLY loud.
One firing buckshot.

Our "target" is whatever looks most-tempting, propped up against a
tree (or other tall thing you don't mind filling with buckshot).  It
has a motion-sensor ALSO aimed at it; this triggers the guns.

Buckshot gun is aimed at the tree/whatever, about 10' above the ground..
The sound-enhanced blank is aimed right at the "target".

Someone walks up to steal it...
*bang* and the buckshot hits the object overhead.
1 sec later
aimed right at them.

I don't think they're staying for further debate...  :-D

--
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of
childishness and the desire to be very grown up."      -CS Lewis