[NBLUG/talk] Which Linux distribution do you use and why?

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Sat Nov 16 19:23:16 PST 2013

On 11/8/2013 12:52 AM, Zack Gold wrote:
> Yes, I am going to start a discussion about this. But it's only
> because I've been seriously considering switching out of Arch Linux
> and onto a distribution that doesn't have rolling release. Plus I'd
> like something a bit more stable for my Lenovo that will soon come.
>
> So, I'm wondering what Linux distribution you use and why you like it
> so much.
Hi,

I use the right tool (Linux Flavor or OS) for the job.....  I like Linux
period.  I like to mix up my flavors for variety and use case.

For server production environments CentOS 5 and 6

Micro Devices - Globalscale Technologies Dreamplug - ARM based - Debian
Wheezy.

For my Lenovo laptops - mostly Fedora 18/19 - T60p, X220, X230

Asus Eee PC 900 - Ubuntu.

Rikomagic MK 802 - Fedora

Security appliance - Ubuntu 12.04 LTS - Security Onion

Firewall VPN Concentrator - pfSense - FreeBSD

Regards,