[NBLUG/talk] Cheap laptop capable of running Linux

Zack Gold zack at nblug.org
Fri Nov 22 02:15:20 PST 2013

Arch Linux! On a more serious note, refer to a previous thread of emails in
the mailing list, I asked a while back about alternative Linux
distributions of curiosity. Frank E Ball is good at making systems very
minimal in how much memory they use, I believe.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 3:54 AM, John R. Sowden
<jsowden at americansentry.net>wrote:

>  On 11/21/2013 11:48 PM, Zack Gold wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>  I'm wondering if anyone has had success with a very inexpensive ($250 or
> less) laptop capable of running Linux. I'm willing to go with something
> that is very, very old, if necessary. The device must have WiFi
> capabilities so that I can connect to the Internet. I'm probably going to
> leave the system without a GUI.
>
>  Thanks!
> --
> Zack Gold
> Former NBLUG Scribe

>  On a similar note, I am looking for a distro that will run my older
> laptops (64MB, 128MB, 256MB).
>
> John

Zack Gold
Former NBLUG Scribe