[NBLUG/talk] Synchronizing strategies

Omar Eljumaily omar at omnicode.com
Sat Nov 22 11:13:27 PST 2014

I'd like to have the knowledge of when a file changes.  I don't know how
to get those notifications in linux.  Does anybody know?

Also, not all files get closed to the point where they can be copied
every time they're modified.  Windows clients are notorious for keeping
files open all day long without letting other processes copy them.

The thing with the could side is that I don't want to be the person
responsible for running the cloud server, so I'm going to have to work
within the cloud provider's framework.  The ones I'm looking at right
now are Google and 1and1.com (which seems to be pretty cheap, about
$10/month for 1 terrabyte).

Thanks,

Omar