[NBLUG/talk] Linux installation on Mac?

Glenn Kerbein glenn at spontaneousdancing.net
Sat Aug 1 08:45:20 PDT 2015

If you have an Intel mac, sure. I once dual-booted Gentoo x64 on my
Macbook Pro with EFI.
I don't see any reason why you couldn't just wipe the main drive.
Although getting GRUB to replace the BIOS bootloader would be tricky, so
you may have the EFI relic.

You spent a lot of money for that Mac, no reason to wipe it. Just get a
secondhand Windows laptop and wipe that instead!

What model are you using? I can point you in the right direction if
you'd like.

Hope this helps,
Glenn

On 08/01/2015 08:42 AM, ojo at sonic.net wrote:
> How do you completely replace the Mac OS with a Linux distro? I don't
> want anything from the Mac OS, no breadcrumbs, remaining on my Mac. I
> only want Linux running on my machine. Is this possible?
>
> Thanks

Delta