[NBLUG/talk] talk Digest, Vol 130, Issue 10

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Sun Feb 22 13:21:25 PST 2015

I'd think it really has to do with your use case. For educational and/or
testing purposes, a VM is a great way to roll back changes (snapshots)
and create fresh images. If your CPU has VT instruction set (for
hardware virtualization) you'll see little, if any, slowdown by using a
Linux guest vs. Host..but again it depends on your use case as to
whether this is the way to go. Sometimes it's more difficult to get
things like USB devices to work correctly under a guest. AFAIK having
the same type of filesystem doesn't really matter as far as performance
(or confusion?).

Cheers,
Jordan