[NBLUG/talk] Is this funny?

Chris Wagner chris at cwcomputing.net
Wed Nov 25 14:06:28 PST 2015

Quite funny, yes.  It's also interesting that we seem to be coming full circle with computers, back to thin clients (terminals).  The user populace has changed enough that they don't understand that it is now sometimes OK to just use the power button.  We (IT people) have drilled it into the users to shutdown the computer properly, so i suppose the confusion isnt that unsurprising.

On November 25, 2015 1:09:03 PM PST, gandalf at sonic.net wrote:
>In a leaving survey. These are Linux thin client Ubuntu systems.
>Perhaps
>I'm reading too much into this, as if you do select shutdown from the
>menu it just goes to a logon screen.
>
>"I wish I could turn off my desk computer, in order to save energy -
>but
>I did not find how to do so."
>
>Ummm, the power button?

Chris Wagner