[NBLUG/talk] libreboot => X60

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Fri Sep 18 22:32:05 PDT 2015

I thought I'd bricked it but not yet!

I tried the first stage: output had what Kyle documented as the 'good
bit' but the 'scary bit' wasn't quite what he described.
After that it wouldn't boot until taken apart and temporarily detached
from what I assume to be the CMOS battery (and the date reset in bios
set up.)

The second stage didn't go through at all:
Mode selected: i945lenovo_secondflash
flashrom v0.9.8-unknown on Linux 3.19.0-15-generic (i686)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at
http://www.flashrom.org

Calibrating delay loop... OK.
Found chipset "Intel ICH7M".
Enabling flash write... WARNING: SPI Configuration Lockdown activated.
OK.
No EEPROM/flash device found.
Note: flashrom can never write if the flash chip isn't found
automatically.
bucts utility version 'withoutgit'
Using LPC bridge 8086:27b9 at 0000:1f.00
Current BUC.TS=0 - 128kb address range 0xFFFE0000-0xFFFFFFFF is
untranslated
Not writing BUC register since TS is already correct.

I'm using lubuntu 2015.04 on the X60; should I have
"applied the x60flashscript.patch" before the first flash?
I'm not sure exactly what that means or how to do
it if it needs to be done.

Advice on where to go from here would be appreciated.  My sense is that
I should go back and repeat the first flash but don't know about the
patching business.
cheers,
Alex
ps sending this from the X60- it's running lubutu just fine.