[NBLUG/talk] need help

Isaac Fluss isaacfluss at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 22:32:30 PST 2016

I'm looking for somebody who knows both Linux and Windows, to help a small
office with a lan  and a wan and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. I would
appreciate any recommendations.

On May 10, 2016 2:25 PM, "Allan Cecil" <allan at nblug.org> wrote:

(I'm cross-posting this to both lists to make sure people are aware that
this meeting will also be streamed, my apologies if you get this twice.)

Come one, come all at 7:30 tonight, wherever you are.  Qubes is a unique
distribution that solves a number of security problems and this is a talk
that shouldn't be missed.  Jordan Erickson behind the Cool Mic streaming
project has volunteered to set up a Periscope live stream of the talk.
Just install Periscope on Android or iOS then optionally follow
@nblugdotorg on Twitter and/or look for a livestream that will be titled
"North Bay Linux Users Group: Jams, Cans and Qubes.  See you there either
way!

A.C.
******
President, North Bay Linux User's Group

On 04/27/2016 04:28 PM, Allan Cecil wrote:
> Topic: Jams, Cans and Qubes
> When: Tues May 10th, 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM
> Speaker: Kyle Rankin
>
> Location:  O'Reilly Media, Sebastopol CA in the Tarsier conference room
> past the metal statue and to the right ( http://nblug.org/locations )

pantry. The same security by compartmentalization concept that makes Qubes
resilient against attack was conceived of over two hundred years ago to
protect food against infection. In this talk Kyle will discuss how to jam
strawberries, can green beans, and isolate desktop workflows into a
combination of netVMs, proxyVMs, and appVMs. He'll cover some common
threats against your food and data and describe how Mason jars and Qubes
can mitigate them.