[NBLUG/talk] I need some help installing.

Robert Sterler robert at sterler.com
Sun Apr 1 11:49:28 PDT 2018

I have an old (2000 or so) Dell PowerEdge 400SC servers. Pentium4  2.6GHz
800MHz front side bus and 4 gigs ECC DDR 400 SDRAM memory. It is 32 bit and
really well built machines that will run forever. I bought it new and paid
around $400 for it. I have upgraded the Ram to its max over the years (which
is really expensive - more than the machine) and have run just about every
OS on it.

I got Ubuntu 17.04 up and running and now have 17.10 working. The main
problem was the DVD player which was defective. I finally figured it out - I
kept thinking the error messages were referring to sectors on the sata hard
drive. Hardware problems are always simple - once you "see" them.

Thank you - people here - to help me get my focus. I appreciate this Linux
community and plan to attend meetings and participate more. I want to learn
more about the OS and other affiliated things. Thanks again for being here.

Robert Sterler