[NBLUG/talk] 10-year-old Lubuntu netbook

wordburner wordburner at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 10:37:21 PST 2019

Hi,

I'm a new subscriber and an almost newby to Linux. I received an offer
of a 10-year-old netbook running Lubuntu 13.10. It has an Intel Atom
processor. I would like to upgrade the operating system, since the old
one doesn't seem to support the Dvorak keyboard layout, which I use.

I have followed instructions to create a boot disk for an updated
version of Lubuntu, but when I tried to boot from it, I got an error.

My question to you experts is: Is such a machine even capable of
upgrading, or is it simply too out-of-date to bother with? If it is
capable, is there someone who can help me do it? I'd be happy to bring
it to the next meeting, if that's where such problems get sorted out.

I really like netbooks, and since they don't make them anymore, I'd
love to figure out how to use this one.

Thanks so much!

Bonnie