[NBLUG/talk] 10-year-old Lubuntu netbook

scottmc scottmc2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 12:57:44 PST 2019

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 12:41 PM wordburner <wordburner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another question. The installation manual doesn't mention booting from
> a disk or USB stick. Instead, it says you need to create a partition
> before installing it. I have no idea how to do that on the netbook. Do
> you?
>
> Thanks again,
> Bonnie

It's been awhile since I installed on a netbook.  Here's an article
showing how to make a bootable USBStick from which you can then set
your netbook to boot from USB and run it in live mode.  If you like
how it works you can then do the full install to the hard drive is you
wish.
https://www.haiku-os.org/guides/installing/making_haiku_usb_stick/

-Scott