multiple [client] entries in .my.cnf?

troy fryman at sonic.net
Mon Jan 13 23:55:33 PST 2003

I know there are a lot of MySQL users here...

Does .my.cnf have a syntax for specifying multiple client
username/host/password settings?  I frequently connect to
several mysql servers on several different hosts.

I hacked up a wrapper (using --defaults-file=) so I don't have to
specify these settings interactively or expose them on the command
line, but it seems like my.cnf should have this capability built in.
Haven't found any evidence of that in the manual or on google.

-ta