[NBLUG/talk] OS Alternatives.

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Wed Sep 3 12:15:02 PDT 2003

    Looks like you've got some good answers, but this might be helpfull as
well. I installed win95 on a couple of p100s a year ago that didn't
have cd roms. I got a little 2.5 IDE adatpter at HSC for a couple
bucks and did the install using my desktop machine with the little
drive hooked up. It went fine. I installed everything I needed from
cdrom and then put the drive back in the laptops without a hitch. This
might work fine for you for a cdrom linux install. As to the ram
question, I'd go with what people recomend, xwindows being the big
factor. I'm not sure what version/flavor would be quickest on little
ram.