[NBLUG/talk] Wireless Card Setup

Bryce Hardy cygnia at sonic.net
Tue Apr 27 08:53:13 PDT 2004

I'm trying to piggy-back off my roommate's DSL. I've already agreed to pitch
in half the cost of the line, so I have to get this working. She has a
wireless router (Belkin) and she has her Windows laptop running off of it OK.
I'm running SuSE 9.0 and YAST has a supposedly point-and-click interface for
the setup, but it asks for info that I can't find anywhere, including the web
interface for the router on her Windows computer. I've also run up against my
limit in google searching and the SuSE support database article on the
subject is alternately unhelpful and incomprehensible.

Does anyone know of any good step by step instructions in how to set up this
kind of connection? I would even be open to paying someone with experience to
help me set it up. Thanks for any pointers.

--
Bryce Hardy (Santa Rosa, CA)
cygnia at sonic.net