[NBLUG/talk] What's my video card?

Doug Miller dougmiller60 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 29 21:34:55 PDT 2004

Hi,
  I'm trying to install MPlayer, and the README says I need the make and
model of my video card, so that I can look up special drivers that will
optimize my video experience.  Can I do this from the command
line/keyboard, without opening the case and pulling the card?

  And a related question; is there a file, or a directory, that contains
all the hardware  in my
system? Something I could print out as a  Hardware configuration log?
Maybe I should ask:
"How do I make a  Hardware configuration log?"

Thanks,
     Doug