[NBLUG/talk] Linux for an AOL addict?

Bob Blick bblick at sonic.net
Tue Jul 19 08:53:47 PDT 2005

> Dual-boot will not suffice for this kind of technophobe.  If I can't
> provide EVERYTHING she expects from a Windows PC without resorting to
> dual-booting, she'll never boot into Linux, not even to save her own
> sanity.

Hi Lincoln,

This person does not sound like an ideal candidate for conversion to
Linux. Unless you like being blamed for everything different being
perceived as "bad" and "your fault".

Another thing to consider - if you do get AOL working, either with a Linux
client or WINE, AOL tech support will no longer support it, so you will
have to fix everything, forever. And be blamed for it while you do it.

Best regards,

Bob